VMG presentations in IEEE VIS2017
VMG will attend Phoenix, Arizona USA in October 2017 for IEEE VIS2017, the premier forum for advances in scientific and information visualization. This weeklong event convenes an international community of researchers and practitioners from academia, government, and industry to explore their shared interests in tools, techniques, and technology.
We will present the following:
- The explanatory visualization framework: An active learning framework for teaching creative computing using explanatory visualizations (InfoVis/TVCG)
- Half-day Tutorial on Sketching Visualization designs, and using the Five Design-Sheet (FdS) Methodology in Teaching (Tutorial)
- Experience and Guidance for the use of Sketching and low-fidelity Visualisation-design in teaching (Pedagogy of Data Visualization Workshop)
- Synthetic Visualizations in Web-based Mixed Reality (Immersive Analytics: Exploring Future Visualization and Interaction Technologies for Data Analytics Workshop)
- Tangible User Interfaces as a Pathway for Information Visualisation for Low Digital Literacy in the Digital Humanities (2nd Workshop on Visualization for the Digital Humanities)
- Web-based Immersive Analytics in Handheld Augmented Reality (InfoVis Poster)
- Visualisation and graphical techniques to help writers write more idiomatically (InfoVis Poster)
You can find more information on the conference at IEEE VIS2017.